Unit Code & Title :- 121N1 Sustainable Business Finance
Assessment Type :- Assignment
This problem set is worth 40% of your overall assessment in this module. It is to be submitted on Canvas > Assignments & gt Problem Set T1 Week 9
Guiding Word Count: 1,000 words +/- 10% excluding references and appendices in length.
121N1 Sustainable Business Finance Assignment – UK
Question 1 – corporate governance and sustainability
Choose a public listed company which makes good efforts to achieve its business sustainability.
Answer the following questions with appropriate examples of its business strategies actions and engagements. Apply the stake holder theory and transaction cost economic theory where applicable.
1) What is the most unique approach that this business engages with its stakeholders?
Stakeholder what does it mean- definition
How does Company x define stakeholders
What type of stakeholders exist who are company x’s stake holders
What type of stakeholder engagement strategies
2)How this business upgrades its business model by reducing what specific transaction costs?- three-quarters of a page
What is a business model- definition and components
What is the company x’s business model
What does transaction cost mean
What transaction cost exists for company x
2) What are the sustainability challenges that the business is facing; and how the above actions and/or plans would help the business to achieve sustainability?
What is sustainability what sustainability challenges exist for the business, –
how can its stakeholder engagement;
and upgraded business model in parts 1 and 2 help it to achieve these challenges—
Total- three-quarters of a page
Question 2 – Capital Budgeting: Investment and Financing Decisions
Choose a public listed company on its annual reports of the 2020 and 2021:
1) Find one example of its long-term financing decision and answer the following questions:
1. What is the financing instrument or method used in 2020?- identify name and
describe it – four sentences
2. Outline the cashflows and costs of this financing activity in 2020 and 2021.
a. Give a summary of about half a page
3. Suggest an alternative financing instrument or method.
4. identify name and describe it – four sentences
2) Compare the pros and cons of the financing instrument or method adopted by this company since 2019 and the alternative one that you suggested.
1. The x instrument used by the company has the following strengths first…
3. However the weaknesses are.
4. Similarly the alternative instrument of Y has the following strengths…
5. It also has its weaknesses
3) Is it possible that the one you suggested would be a better decision? Why or why not?
1. Comparing the two the alternative instrument is better in that Five paragraphs – a third of a page
2) Find one example of its long-term investing decision in 2020 and answer the following questions : –
1. What are the rationales reported to justify that this investment decision is necessary and promising? – one-third of a page
First identify the decision and describe it
What thinking or reason is used by the company to support the decision
2. Outline the cashflows and relevant returns of this investing activity in 2020 and
2021.- half a page
3. What is the primary business risk relevant to this investing decision?
One-third of a page- identify the risk and explain them
4. How this company controls the above risk?
One-third of a page- identify mitigation measures or strategies to address the risks in 3
Question 3 – Capital Budgeting: Investment and Financing Decisions
121N1 Sustainable Business Finance Assignment
Search the stock symbols such as AAPL for Apple Inc. and find their SEC Form S-1 of which the Part A is the prospectus (S-1/A). Please note one IPO company of your choice must promote any aspect of the value of sustainability and the other doesn’t have a clearly statement on promoting sustainability. look for another technology company- say Telsar or Alphabet
Compare the information released in the Prospectus Summary, including:
Recent Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin,
Risk Factors Summary
Summary Historical Consolidated Financial Data
Key Operating and Financial Metrics
Answer the following questions:
1) which stock you would invest as it is a more attractive investment choice?
One word answer
2) What are your analyses and considerations in the comparison and decision making from the following aspects? – try to explain a bit on each one of them about four sentences
(1) Stock pricing and the direct expenses of the issue
(2) Risk factors
(5) Operating and financial characteristics
3) In general from the analyses as above do you consider sustainability would play an
important role in terms of attracting and retaining investors, controlling business risks and strengthening long-term profitability for companies? Half a page