Module Code :- 1779
Module Title :- Critical Approach to Research Methods in Aesthetics Practice
ASSIGNMENT TITLE :- Research Proposal
Weighting :- 40%
Level :- 5
Essay/Report Format :- Formal Report
Assignment Word Count :- 1000
1779 Critical Approach To Research Methods In Aesthetics Practice Assignment – UK
● You are required to write a research proposal for ONE of the FIVE areas listed below and relate this to aesthetics practice.
1. Skin of colour
3. Vitamin C
Your research proposal should include the following;
Determine the area you wish to research. Download the research proposal for from the module site week 1 and complete the following sections;
1. Provide ONE clear aim
2. Provide a minimum of TWO objectives
3. Provide a detailed rationale justifying your reasons for researching the topic area of your choice.
4. Provide key themes for the theoretical framework to help structure the research.
5. Provide key terms and context, theories / models, data sources, method of evaluation and research including beneficiaries of the research, for the topic choice matrix.
6. Submit the completed form to the submission point for Module 1779 CW1.
7. Focus on attention to detail quality of work and overall academic standards.
8. For additional guidance on this assignment please access the assignment vodcast available on Canvas.
Propose an appropriate research aim and objectives with a justification of the choice of research study.
Identify suitable methods for sourcing secondary literature and present the key literature themes.
● The skills outcomes to be developed by completing this assignment
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT GUIDANCE:
Teamwork and ITS Assessment :-
Should this assignment require you to work as part of a team you will receive an individual grade based upon your performance as well as personalised feedback. The module leader will explain how your individual grade and feedback will be determined.
Importance of Word Count and Presentation Timings :-
Assignment word counts and presentation timings should always be observed. Ignoring a word count increases significantly the risk of your work losing marks because it lacked focus and clarity. Students will be required to state their word count on all submissions. A 10% leeway will be allowed – so the maximum a student should submit will be the word count + 10%.