Module Code :- 7080MAA
Module Title :- Connected Autonomous Vehicle Contextualisation
Word Limit :- Report 3000 words
Assessment Type :- Assignment
7080MAA Connected Autonomous Vehicle Contextualisation Assignment – UK
Task and Mark distribution:
To create and submit a portfolio of your learning on the topics discussed through the module sessions.
The portfolio has 2 parts:
1.Report of up to 3000 words for 5/9 topics
2.Video of 5 minutes in length, on one (1) topic of your choice from the topics covered during the module excluding the topics in the report.
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed:
1.Characterise contextual topics and concepts relevant to CAVs, some from outside engineering and demonstrate the ability to evaluate them critically and to apply them effectively including in engineering projects [IMechE_SM9M].
2.Apply knowledge under standing and skills to work with information that may be incomplete or un certain quantify the effect of this on the design and where appropriate use theory or experimental research to mitigate deficiencies [IMechE_D9M]
3.Explain and justify the need for a high level of professional and ethical conduct in engineering [IMechE_EL8M]
4.Demonstrate awareness that engineers need to take account of the commercial and social contexts in which they operate [IMechE_EL9M].
5.Apply their skills in problem solving communication information retrieval working with others and the effective use of general IT facilities [IMechE_G1].
6.Exercise initiative and personal responsibility, which may be as a team member or leader [ImechE_G4].
This document is for Coventry University students for their own use in completing their assessed work for this module and should not be passed to third parties or posted on any website. Any infringements of this rule should be reported to
The topics covered are:
• Human role
Each topic in the report should be clearly defined in its own section The report should cover your reflection on lessons learnt on each topic You must include at least 3 aspects of each topic that may in fluence your work as future engineers and rank them per criticality and justify your selection Aspects in clude challenges opportunities relevant legislation advantages dis advantages of proposed aspects etc. Marks will be split equally per topic High quality references and in text citations should be used in your report Use Journal and conference papers as source use Coventry University APA referencing system Reflect on your contribution during the tutorial discussions on your table group and class.
Your video should be about a specific topic from the above list. It should include:
• An overview of the selected topic in context of Connected Autonomous Vehicles and reasons for your selection
• What are the current and future challenges within the topic?
• How significant is this topic for the future of Connected Autonomous Vehicles?
• How are you / industry going to prepare to implement successfully this topic and how significant is it to your future work?
• The ethical implication of topic to the community environment
All of your above responses should be justified during your video presentation.
1. You are expected to use Coventry University APA style for referencing. For support and advice on this students can contact Centre for Academic Writing (CAW).
2.Please notify your registry course support team and module leader for disability support.
3.Any student requiring an extension or deferral should follow the university process as outlined
4.The University cannot take responsibility for any coursework lost or corrupted on disks, laptops or personal computer. Students should therefore regularly back-up any work and are advised to save it on the University system.
5.If there are technical or performance issues that prevent submitting coursework through the online course work submission system on the day of a coursework dead line an appropriate extension to the coursework submission deadline will be agreed. This extension will normally
6. Assignments that are more than 10% over the word limit will result in a deduction of 10% of the mark i.e. a mark of 60% will lead to a reduction of 6% to 54%. The word limit includes quotations but excludes the bibliography reference list and tables.
7.You are encouraged to check the originality of your work by using the draft Turnitin links on Aula.
8. Collusion between students (where sections of your work are similar to the work submitted by other students in this or previous module cohorts) is taken extremely seriously and will be reported to the academic conduct panel. This applies to both coursework and exam answers.
9. A marked difference between your writing style knowledge and skill level demonstrated in class discussion any test conditions and that demonstrated in a coursework assignment may result in you having to under take a Viva Voce in order to prove the coursework assignment is entirely your own work.
10. If you make use of the services of a proofreader in your work you must keep your original version and make it available as a demonstration of your written efforts. Also, please read the university Proof Reading Policy.
11. You must not submit work for assessment that you have already submitted partially or in full either for your current course or for another qualification of this university, with the exception of resits where for the coursework, you may be asked to rework and improve a previous attempt.This requirement will be specifically detailed in your assignment brief or specific course or module information Where earlier work by you is citable i.e. it has already been published/submitted you must reference it clearly Identical pieces of work submitted concurrently may also be considered to be self-plagiarism.