Unit title & code :- ASS023 -3 Childhoods in a Global Context
Assignment number and title :- 1 Comparison Portfolio
Assignment type :- Portfolio – CW-EPO
Weighting of assignment :- 100%
Size or length of assessment :- 1250 words ( plus or minus 10%)
ASS023 -3 Childhoods In A Global Context Assignment – UK
Unit learning outcomes :-
1.Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
Contextual understanding of the theoretical approaches to the global study of childhoods and related practices in care and education.
2.Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
Critically analyse and compare experiences of childhood and children’s services globally by reference to their social and economic and cultural contexts.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
You are required to produce a portfolio which compares two different countries in a global context by evaluating either care or education for children and young people. The portfolio will be comprised of two elements:
1.Two fact sheets one for each country setting out key facts/evidence including statistics for each of the countries maximum word length for both of the fact sheets is 750 words so 375 words for each fact sheet
2. An info graphics power point presentation with commentary notes which highlights critical points of comparison between the two countries and includes your own reflection on what you have learned about the global/local context for the countries compared. A total of 4-6 slides with your commentary in the notes section of power point maximum 500 words. References are in addition to the main word count.
What do I need to do to pass?
1. Examine a range of models and theories relating to global childhoods and demonstrate under standing of how these may apply to your future practice.
2. Compare and contrast two areas of either care or education employed both within the UK and internationally
3. Analyse an aspect of care or education demonstrating knowledge and understanding of global child hood and issues of anti-discriminatory practice through a developed and reasoned argument.
4. Communicate the findings of the differences and similarities in experiences of childhood internationally.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
As the student completing this assignment you will complete this section in the session in which the assignment is introduced. Please do bring a hard copy or a way to work digitally to do this.
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The assignment will require students to draw on materials covered in lectures and seminars and to under take both guided and independent reading to inform the work produced in the portfolio.