Brief Description of BHS009-6 Medical Imaging & Cryobiology Assignment Task
You are required to review the use of one or more staining and/or visualisation techniques within the field of biomedical engineering that allow us to see what is happening inside cell and/or tissues.
Relation to the Unit Learning Outcomes of BHS009-6 Medical Imaging & Cryobiology Assignment
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the physical techniques used to visualise biological systems at different length scales within the context of biomedical engineering.
- Work autonomously to integrate, develop and synthesise principles of imaging techniques and image reconstruction.
Outline Of Report Structure
The report should cover three key areas:
- the physical basis of the technique(s) (400-600 words)
- the technical challenges involved in making each technique a usable method for the visualisation of biological samples and the steps that have been taken to overcome these challenges (400-600
- discussion of how the technique(s) has the potential to be applied in the laboratory (or perhaps already are being applied) within the field of biomedical engineering (~1000 words). This should include a critical appraisal of the varied strategies and options available within the technique, a discussion of applications where each might be the method of choice and what developments we can expect in the future.