Unit learning outcomes of BHS013-6 Practical Portfolio Assignment
This practical report assessment principally assesses core learning outcomes 1 and 2:
Relation to the Unit Learning Outcomes
- The first core learning outcome requires that on completion of the unit you should be able to demonstrate a systematic understanding of measurement techniques in the biotechnology context.
- The second core learning outcome requires you to recognise and use professional standards for reporting laboratory data.
What am I required to do in this BHS013-6 Practical Portfolio Assignment ?
Brief Description of Assessment Task
- Assignment 2 requires you to analyse and present laboratory analytical data and write a formal structured report according to peer-reviewed research standard.
- In this case you will prepare a formal report of the Yeast Fermentation Practical and include electronic scanned copies of the original scanned results sheets of both the spectrophotometry practical and the yeast fermentation practical.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Appropriately analyse and present laboratory data Understand the meaning of analysed data.
- Present a formal written report of the work according to expectations described in the assignment brief.