BMSW4001 Academic & Employability Skills Assignment
- To provide students with the underlying study/research strategies and software skills to facilitate effective study in Higher Education.
- To enable students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To enable students to gain confidence and competence as effective employees by developing a range of employability skills such as reflection, time management and presentation skills.
Learning Outcomes of BMSW4001 Academic & Employability Skills Assignment
Upon the successful completion of this module, the student will be able to:
- Analyse published literature relating to a specific topic or subject area and produce a fully referenced, appropriately structured academic report.
- Reflect on their learning using recognised models of reflection.
- Research and present their findings in a variety of formats on a range of employability skills and collect and analyse feedback on their delivery.
Please refer to your module outline for relevant reading for this module. Your tutor will also provide links to relevant articles on Moodle, which you will be expected to read and discuss as part of your weekly learning activities
Write an appropriately structured academic essay or report in which you analyse your own academic and employability skills, referring to in-class activities and published literature.
Write an appropriately structured academic report where you reflect on your learning in this module, using recognised models of reflection. Mention 4-5 topics from either of the two terms and reflect how useful they
have been to you, taking into consideration what you already knew and any learning undertaken by you outside of the classroom. Analyse published literature relating to the specific topics you discuss and use
the feedback you received on all in-class activities. Include scanned copies of term 2 in-class exercise(s) in the form of an appendix at the end of your document.