Written report on Bss056-3 Management And Administration Of Project And Operation
1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
• Understand the strategic context of operations and project management and how tools, techniques, frameworks and academic models relate to operations and project management solutions
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
• Analyse the operational and project management requirements of organisations to generate appropriate and coherent solutions whilst demonstrating practical application of project management software to develop a project plan
What am I required to do in this Bss056-3 Management And Administration Of Project And Operation assignment?
Assessment 1: Heathrow Terminal Five Business Report
The topic that you will address in this assessment is as follows: “Key Operations and Project Management Failings in the Heathrow Terminal Five Project”.
Business Report Task:
Use the Heathrow Terminal 5 Case Study, your own reading and research of Operations and Project Management concepts and models to answer the questions below in the form of a formal Business Report. This written Business Report must be individual and the product of your own work.
The Business Report should be written in the style of a management consultancy report analysing the planning and execution of the Heathrow Terminal Five project and seeking to present lessons learnt and operational knowledge in operation and project management gained in this unit.
You should specifically address the questions below:
1) Discuss 3 key Project Management Failings in the Heathrow Terminal Five Project and how these failings can be effectively mitigated or reduced in similar operations and capital projects.
2) Discuss 3 key Operations Failings in the Heathrow Terminal Five Project and how these failings can be effectively mitigated or reduced in similar operations and capital projects
3) Produce a comprehensive risk assessment plan including a risk log and risk probability/impact matrix for one of the IT related failures such as the baggage reconciliation system. Discuss suitable contingency plan that must have been put in place prior to the installation of the systems for each of the risks identified in your risk log.
4) How quality framework such as TQM and associated tools could be used to improve quality throughout the project including the initiation, planning, execution and delivery phases.
You must use relevant academic models, frameworks and concepts in your Business Report, demonstrated through credible and quality citations
ORDER This Bss056-3 Management And Administration Of Project And Operation Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
The unit title and code number must be clearly marked on the assignment top sheet.
Coursework must be submitted via BREO by the date and time specified. Late work is not accepted, and will be deemed a fail and graded G(0) (no work submitted) unless you have a valid extension granted by the Mitigating Circumstances team (this can be applied for through the Student Information Desk).
The word limit is 2,400 words excluding cover page, references in the Reference List and the Appendices. Your cover page must have your full name and ID number
The report should have a professional format (e.g. title page, executive summary, table of content, headings and sub-headings, introduction and conclusion, reference list, appendices, etc.). Pages must be numbered and a professional standard of presentation regarding fonts, size, etc. must be maintained throughout.
References must include academic sources
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
To pass Assessment 1, you will need to:
• Apply project and operation management tools, concepts and techniques to provide an insight into a given context
• Evidence practical understanding of project planning using project management software
To pass Assessment 2, you will need to:
• Demonstrate how the functional disciplines within operations and project management influence the design of products and management of processes
• Describe and evidence understanding of the key operations and projects management concepts tools and techniques.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
To achieve a good grade, you need to evidence application of course concepts, models and theories to the problem set – including use of appropriate academic literature. Quality of argument, discussion and recommendations are also a necessity in achieving good outcomes in this unit. Make sure to fully study your course content as well as the marking scheme provided in the assessment brief. Make sure to evidence wider reading on the topic and pay extra attention to your referencing format making sure you have used full Harvard referencing format.
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The assignment is designed in order to test your understanding of the main tools, techniques and theories discussed in the class.
Case Study – Heathrow Terminal Five (T5)
Heathrow Terminal 5 is one of the most technologically advanced airport terminals in the world, but MPs on the Parliament’s Transport Select Committee investigating the troubled opening of Terminal 5 described its opening as a “national humiliation”. During the first five days, BA (British Airways) misplaced more than 23,000 bags, cancelled 500 flights and made losses of £16m.
MPs reeled off a list of failures. Staff had not been trained properly, they were unable to park when their car parks became too full on the day of opening, staff security searches were delayed, and construction work on parts of the building was not finished when the airport opened. Out of 275 lifts, 28 were not working – 17 are still broken, with 11 still to be fixed by the end of May.