Assignment Brief :BUS6003 International Management
As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit a Strategic Management PowerPoint presentation and essay. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignment
Part 1 – Group Presentation & Individual Report
Learning Outcomes of International Management
After completing the module, you should be able to:
- 1.Understand the role of culture in international business including knowledge of the major policies
- 2.Develop knowledge of key organisational and national cultural characteristics in order to manage successfully in diverse contexts
- 3.Evaluate the challenge and opportunity of managing a diverse global
workforce to create value and achieve organisational goals
- 4.Understand the factors that contribute to the notion of a globalised economy demonstrating an awareness of ethically sound and accountable international policies
- Work effectively as a member of a global virtual team with practical application of cultural awareness, including team working skills.
This assignment is worth 50% of the total marks for this module
You will be allocated to a group by Arden University staff.You are part of a global financial services company that has offices in Berlin,Argentina and Tokyo. The head office is in New York and the predominant organisational culture stems from there.
a) Critically explore how the corporate organisational culture from head office might be affected when encountering the regional cultures that are present in each of its locations. Use the group dynamics to explore the four countries, dividing them within the group equally and drawing on the resources made available during the module.
Present your findings as one narrated group Microsoft PowerPoint
presentation. (Guidance on PowerPoint narration will be provided)
b)Write up your conclusions as to the effects of regional cultural issues
on the corporate organisational culture of this multinational company as
it conducts its business internationally.