Report on Distributed & Parallel Computing Technologies
Unit learning outcomes
LO1 & LO2
What am I required to do in this CIS110-6 Distributed & Parallel Computing Technologies Assignment ?
For this assignment you need to from groups of 3 (three) to 4 (four) students.The aim of this assignment is for each group to select and investigate a particular area of distributed and parallel
technologies to obtain background knowledge, and explore state-of-the-art approaches and cutting-edge applications. The particular area for your research can be chosen from the list of keywords provided on the Assignment Group tab of the BREO site. Your group investigation should be focused on the area selected.
You should substantiate your work with well-referenced secondary research relying on several research papers published preferably in journals, as conferences papers or in research books. Each group member should select and review at least one research paper. After conducting sufficient research, your group will need to write and submit a report discussing and summarising all your findings.
An example of the format might be (maximum 20 pages in total – depending on numbers in group):
• Abstract (1 or 2 paragraphs only): Summarising the content and findings of your report. (All group members must contribute to this).
• Introduction (1-2 pages): Introducing the selected area of your research. (All group members must contribute to this).
• Individual Reviews of Research Papers (2-3 pages each): Discussing content of the research paper – rationale, methods and tools used, findings and conclusions. (This is individual work – one research paper reviewed by each group member – and the name of the student writing the review must be clearly indicated).
• Discussion (2 pages): Discussing the findings of the research papers reviewed in the context of your selected group topic. (All group members must contribute to this).
• Conclusions (1 page maximum): Concluding the report. (All group members must contribute to this).
• References: A complete list of references used.
• Appendix: For each of the main research papers referred to in your report you should provide – title, author(s), affiliation(s), abstract and publication details.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
A full set of deliverables. A word-processed report. A good attempt at understanding the issues of DPC. Research, critically reflect and explain current research and future trends in distributed and parallel technologies
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
A submission which clearly demonstrates an awareness of the issues of DPA and an understanding of selected research topic. Evidence in the report that the student has a sound, and perhaps complete, grasp of the selected topic and methodology covered by the module to date. Evidence of further reading and research.