Module code and title : Contemporary Debates
Assignment No. and type : CW1: Written Assignment: 2000-words essay
Assessment weighting : 100%
Please answer the following question in an essay of 2,000 words. Use the structure provided as a guide for your essay but remove sub-headings before you submit your work.
Contemporary Debates Assignment – UK
1.“The UK’s ageing population is responsible for unsustainable costs in health and social care.” Discussion with debate.
(Please cover all LEARNING OUTCOMES, use Functionalism theory, and critically debate all the essay)
1. Introduction – what is the task about and how do you plan to complete it?
2. Main Body
a.definition of concepts i.e., ‘ageing population’ Discuss this within the broader framework of UK world wide population structure.
b.What are the arguments regarding ageing and cost of health and social care?
c.What are the arguments against the view that ageing is responsible for unsustainable costs?
d. Is there a problem with the view that ageing is responsible for unsustainable costs in health and social care?
e.What policy ideas have been put in place by the government voluntary charity sector or private sector to deal with the rising health and social care costs?
f.Provide examples to support your answer For e.g. identify diseases depression stress medications to tackle the disease and the concerns about this Remember to use paragraphs and provide in text references.
Conclusion :- summary of your argument and the position you take on the discussion i.e. do you agree or disagree with the statement or do you have a balanced position?
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
LO 1: Demonstrate an understanding of relevant debates relevant to social science.
LO 2: Be able to link the role of professional practice and the influences on diverse groups.
LO 3: Analyse political and social factors which influence debates concerned with social inclusion.
LO4: Understand the role of research in social science and be able to identify and use relevant research related material critically as evidence in an argument.
Task requirements :-
1. You are reminded of the University’s regulations on cheating and plagiarism In submitting your assignment you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these regulations.
2. Late submission within 10 days of the deadline will result in the mark for the assignment being capped at 40%. Beyond 10 days the work will not be marked.
How your work will be assessed
Your work will be assessed against the assessment criteria which have been provided at the end of this brief.
1. Understanding of the task
2. Fulfilment of all aspects of the assessment task
3. Critical analysis
4. Use and application of theory
5.Coherence, structure & presentation
6. Breadth and quality of gathered evidence and research
7. Referencing and reference list
Contemporary Debates Assignment – UK
These criteria have been designed specifically for this assignment and are intended to measure the extent to which you have demonstrated your achievement of its associated learning outcomes (see above).They have been aligned with the institutional grade descriptor appropriate for your level.
The assessment criteria provide a basis for fair and consistent marking and indicate what is expected of you in this assignment. It is strongly recommended that you engage with them while you are working on the assignment and use them in combination with any feedback you receive once your work has been marked to help you plan for future learning and development.
Before you submit
1. Please use the provided checklist below to make sure you are ‘fit to submit’ your work
2. We recommend you use this checklist as soon as you get this assignment brief to help you plan your work