Unit title & Code :- Essentials of Mental Health Nursing
Assignment number and title :- Patch 2
Assignment type :- Essay
Weighting of assignment :- 30%
Size or length of assessment :- 1500
Essentials of Mental Health Nursing Essay – UK
• Articulate your developing knowledge skills and attitudes in relation to professional mental health nursing practice through a reflective and creative synthesis of your learning during part one of the course.
• You are required to produce a patch in which you analyse how the care including nursing interventions for a specific individual with a mental health condition has or could have been informed by the theory from this unit.
• You need to select an individual for whom you have cared for whilst you are on clinical placement on this course and apply relevant theoretical aspects to that individual’s care. Consider the evidence base for the interventions made and then draw conclusions as to the value of that specific knowledge to mental health nursing practice.
• Utilise at least one nursing theory to critically analyse the care delivered to your selected individual
• Critically reflect on the key implications for mental health nursing practice
This will be clarified and discussed in class, in a scheduled session in the early part of the unit. Please bring either a printout or upload this brief onto your laptop/device for this discussion.
The scheduled teaching sessions will provide you through an under standing of communication theories nursing models person centered care partnership working therapeutic relationships and recovery focused care. This list is not exhaustive please think about session content and your own autonomous learning.