Students will write three essays of 800 words each.
TASK: IP1014 Myths and Mysteries Assignment
Describe and analyse an experience in which you realized you were a “political subject”. Reflect on how this felt and what it revealed to you about politics.
Essay 2: Choose one of the following questions.
- Analyse the various forms of power in international politics. Which form of power is most fundamental? Use examples.
- Can ethics constrain and improve politics?
- Should we accept the claim that violence, in its many forms, is an inevitable part of international politics?
- There can be no legitimate international order without international law. Discuss.
Essay 3: IP1014 Myths and Mysteries Assignment -City, University of London
Choose one of the following questions.
- How does imperialism continue to shape contemporary international politics?
- Is capitalism the best possible economic model we have today? Why, or why not?
- Given the state’s capacity for violence, how can the nation-state be rendered a legitimate political institution?
- Is the money the most important source of power in international politics?
- Does history determine politics, or does politics determine history?