Unit Title: Leadership And People Management
The assignment consists of a 4 tasks. The suggested total word count for the assignment is 1800 words. Remember, all the words you use to answer the questions, including quotations and citations, count.
Task Percentage of mark Suggested word count
1 25% 400
2 25% 400
3 25% 500
4 25% 500
You must provide a reference list and a word count at the end of your work. The reference list is not included in the word count.
Leadership And People Management Assignment – London College of Professional Studies
You are a professional blogger working for Leadership and Management Magazine. You have been tasked to write several blog entries.
Task 1 of 4 – Blog post 1 (AC1.1, 1.2 & 1.3)
Your fist blog post should be titled “Leadership” and contain the following:
- With reference to 2 or more business leaders (past or present), examine the Knowledge,Skills and Attributes (KSA) of a leader, classifying them between management and leadership.
- Provide 3 real-life examples of different type of leadership styles that were used in different situations (successful or not) and reflect on whether a different leadership style would have been more appropriate.
Task 2 of 4 – Blog post 2 (AC2.1, 2.2, 2.3 & 2.4)
Your next blog post should be titled “Motivation” and contain the following:
- Describe the reward systems in place in 2 organisations of your choice and compare them with the motivational theories of Maslow, Mc Clelland and Vroom
- Explain how these 2 organisations measure engagement and motivation and reflect on whether the reward systems are effective
- Suggests ways to motivate staff
Task 3 of 4 – Blog post 3 (AC4.1, 4.2 & 4.3)
Your next blog post should be titled “Teamwork”. With reference to one or more of your experience working in a team and reference to theory:
- Consider the benefits of team working
- Explain what working in a team meant for you and the others in the team
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the team
Task 4 of 4 – Blog post 4 (AC3.1, 3.2 & 3.3)
With reference to an organisation of your choice (either using your own experience or the experience of someone you know):
Describe the process of performance appraisal of the organisation.
- Evaluate its usefulness and its success
- Consider the factors involved in planning a performance management system and propose a new appraisal process (including forms)
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria