Written report on MAR036-6 Brand Communication and Reputation Management
1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and broad knowledge of the function of marketing communications tools in integrated brand communication programmes by appreciating market segmentation and branding issues and by judging the effectiveness and outcome of their applications in both analogue and digital media.
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Analyse and critically evaluate strategies for managing reputation and demonstrate how the success of PR activities might be assessed individually and in the context of an overall marketing strategy.
What am I required to do in this MAR036-6 Brand Communication and Reputation Management
Review the Boeing crisis and compare it with another crisis that has occurred in the past 12 months.Decide which was handled well and which badly, and analyse the effects on brand and reputation for both crises.You must defend your opinion.
You should consider such things as:
- Media coverage: did the media cover the issue fairly?
- Media handling: did the organisation successfully communicate through the media?
- Social media: to what extent did social communications drive the crisis? How did the organisation(s)
- Did the crisis arise internally or was there an external catalyst?
- How well did the organisation handle technical aspects of the crisis?
- How well did the organisation handle communications aspects of the crisis?
- In what way or ways did the fact the two crashes occurred outside the US affect how the issue was handled?
It may or may not be necessary to consider all of the above points depending on the nature of the crisis you have selected.
Your opinion is crucial, but it must be well argued and supported in the facts. You must cite references throughout.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Compare and contrast PR responses to contemporary cases of crisis handling and reputation management.
- Construct a set of guidelines for effective crisis handling in a contemporary media and social context.