Subject Code :- MN7P77
Title :- Summative
1.General Assessment Guidance
This summative assessment is a portfolio of items submitted as a single document file. A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, which represents 100% of the total marks for the module. You must include a reference list identifying all your sources using the Harvard Referencing system.
MN7P77 Summative Assessment – UK
The University takes academic misconduct very seriously and always seeks to rigorously protect its academic standards.Plagiarism collusion and other forms of cheating constitute academic misconduct for which there is an explicit range of graduated penalties depending on the particular type of academic misconduct. The penalties that can be applied if academic misconduct is substantiated range from a reprim and to expulsion in very serious cases and for repeated instances of misconduct. Guidance on preventing plagiarism is available here:
2 Assessment Brief
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate good judgment in the planning selection prioritisation and collection of evidence to investigate the chosen issue or topic via primary and/or secondary data
2. Analyse and evaluate the findings of their research based on the primary and/or secondary data collected and in the light of the appropriate theoretical background and the constraints introduced by practical and real-life business issues.
3.Communicate effectively the business project conclusions and recommendations including presentation of quantitative/qualitative data in appropriate format and a well-structured professional report
4.Demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in their work, leading to achieving the status of a trusted business advisor
5.Demonstrate the development of independent and self-managed learning.
2.1.1 Your Task
You will submit a portfolio comprising a:
I.Business Consultancy Report an 8,000-word report including a management summary rationale of the research undertaken for your consultancy report literature review methodology findings and solutions analysis conclusions and recommendations
II. Poster and Presentation a poster that presents the problem, the methodology in addressing it, the findings and a short discussion of them, as well as a presentation video providing a concise verbal presentation of the poster
III. Reflective Statement; a 1,500-word reflection discussing the challenges you faced during the business consultancy project, how you dealt with them and in what ways the learning journey benefited your development as professionals and individuals.
IV. Submission of Evidence of the Collected Data You need to submit the evidence of the data collected your their portfolio e.g. secondary data interview notes data analysis spreadsheets screen shots and links.
Note that all elements of the portfolio should be submitted as a single document file via Turnitin.
The expectation is that students will under take the consultancy project in areas of interest to them that is in context to their chosen programme and that develops knowledge and skills that support employment. Examples of possible areas of consultancy projects include:
1. Evaluation of an opportunity to enter a new market e.g., is it feasible for a low cost airline to enter the market in Brazil?
2. Evaluation of a specific firm’s strategy and performance e.g. how is Ford responding to the advent of electric vehicles driverless technology and ride sharing?
3. Creating a new fashion brand in the competitive environment we are operate in.
4. Analysis of the impact of technology change on a company industry or sector e.g., how will new production methods will help improve product or service quality and how will this affect competitiveness?
5. Analysis of trends to create potential strategic scenarios for a firm or industry e.g., what are the future scenarios for law firms in the light of the adoption of Artificial Intelligence?
6. Analysis of competition in a specific market or industry e.g. global competition in the rapidly growing e-bike /e-scooter industry
7.The impact of Brexit in a specific sector
8. Identifying solutions to a specific business problem e.g., with a small or medium sized business e.g., what needs to be done to grow the business to the next level
9. Analysis of disruption in an industry and the implications for a specific incumbent e.g., how should a black cab driver respond to Uber and other ride sharing platforms?
10. Analysis of the effect of government intervention in a particular industry e.g., the current trade dispute over subsidies to Boeing and Airbus
11. Response from Banks and Financial Institutions to the changing customer interaction and business land scape in the post pandemic era.
2.2 Recording Your Presentation
You have several options for recording your video e.g.:
a. Power Point allows you to record a voice-over for the poster including a video of the presenter. This is quick and easy. Save the file in Google drive and share the link with the marker in the Assessment Form.
b. Record using MS Teams – here you set up a meeting and then record the meeting sharing your slides on-screen. Share the link in the Assessment Form.
c. Other screen recording software can be used. Ideally you will create an MP4 video file that is uploaded to a YouTube account and you then hand in the link to the video in the Assessment File. It is your responsibility to ensure that you hand in a suitable link to a location where the recording file can be viewed.
MN7P77 Summative Assessment – UK
3 Business Report Structure
Your report should:
i. Use numbered headings and sub-headings
ii. Use short, concise paragraphs and bullet points
iii. Use diagrams, tables, and graphs
iv. Tell a compelling story that leads to the conclusions and recommendations.
v. Use appendices for additional material All appendices should be referenced in the main text.