N201 Management Decision Making Assignment details
Mancunian Manufacturing & Marketing, Plc. task
Assessed intended learning outcomes of N201 Management Decision Making Assignment
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding.
- Evaluate management accounting techniques
- Critically evaluate and recommend different models of management accounting decisions
- Prepare a management decisions report for a multinational company
Practical, Professional or subject Specific Skill
- Analyse management decisions in response to market behaviour
- Practice numeracy & critical thinking
- Work with individual intuitive
Transferable/Key Skills and other Attributes.
- Engage in problem-solving
- Effective use of written communications
- Location of information
- Construction of references/ bibliography using Harvard referencing
- Development of presentational skills
Case for discussion and reporting
Mancunian Manufacturing & Marketing, Plc. Activity-Based Costing (ABC)
Before the annual year budget review, Simon Black, Mancunian Manufacturing & Marketing’s (MM&M) Director of operations, was confident. While he waited for the latest financial estimates, he thought of the plan he and his staff had methodically prepared, which successfully addressed all the crises this new business unit was facing: developing competitive pricing on an ageing product, developing and marketing new products to external customers against an established market leader,
reducing manufacturing costs, improving manufacturing utilisation and improving its slim levels of profitability.
When Adam White, MM&M’s controller, solemnly delivered the requested pro forma income statements, Simon’s mood changed dramatically. Instead of sustained profit, Simon was shocked to see significant projected operating losses. He wondered why his extensive planning had not improved MM&M’s 2017 and 2018 financial results. With less than 24 hours before he was to offer senior management a viable business plan, he felt abandoned and hopeless.