Unit learning outcomes:
1.A critical awareness of contemporary ethical and legal problems in healthcare and a comprehensive appreciation of relevant ethical and legal theories and concepts and their applicability to these problems.
2.Analyse healthcare practices and needs in order to identify and critically evaluate the ethical and legal challenges facing healthcare practitioners, patients and society, and to justify and defend potential solutions to the ethical and legal problems.
PUB014-6/ STI014-6 Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare Assignment-Bedfordshire University UK.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Write a 1000 word essay on one of the following titles:
- When, if ever, is it permissible to prevent people from smoking tobacco?
- Are compulsory vaccinations ever justifiable?
- Do the benefits of water fluoridation justify its imposition?
- May a person’s HIV status be revealed without their consent?
Demonstrate a critical and systematic analysis, and provide a well-argued and creative evaluation of the ethical and/or legal problem identified in the chosen question You need to provide relevant literature to support your arguments in your assessment. References should be cited both in the text and at the end in a reference list.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Answer one of the set questions from the above.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and critical awareness of the ethical, legal or political theory or principle
- Demonstrate a critical and systematic analysis
- Provide a well-argued and creative evaluation of the ethical and/or legal problem identified in the chosen question
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
THIS SECTION IS COMPLETED BY THE STUDENT IN CLASS WHEN THE ASSESSMENT IS DISCUSSED IN WEEK 1
PUB014-6/ STI014-6 Ethical & Legal Issues in Health care Assignment-Bedfordshire University UK.
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
Each week the unit will cover content that will help you to plan for your assignment with opportunities for extended learning. The weekly unit content is designed to enable you to develop an understanding of the ethical and legal problems in healthcare in an incremental way, starting with an exploration of the ethical and legal theories and concepts and their importance in health care settings and in public health followed by detailed discussions on the application of theories and concepts in addressing ethical and leagal issues in practice. During the sessions, you will be encouraged to work in groups and to develop your critical thinking through both open discussions and small group based tasks.