Unit learning outcomes of PUB017-6 Principles, Policies & Issues Assignment
Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding:
• A critical understanding of the role of contemporary public health policies and programmes for improving health outcomes.
Demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
• A critical evaluation of the gaps in contemporary public health policies
and programmes for improving health outcomes and propose solutions (new initiative (s) and strategy (ies) and recommendations for improvement.
What am I required to do in this PUB017-6 Principles, Policies & Issues Assignment?
Write a 1000 word action plan (which is an outline for a briefing paper, assignment 2) by selecting a public health issue and using a key characteristic from the Faculty of Public Health (FPH) list of competencies and present an outline for a briefing paper that will critically evaluate a public health policy or programme designed to improve health outcomes, and offer solutions (new initiative(s) and strategy (ies) and recommendations for improvement.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Identify and describe a current public health issue.
- Be written in an academic report format.
- Use the existing evidence critically evaluate (strengths and weaknesses) current policies and programmes that have been designed to improve health outcomes related to your chosen public health issue.
- Link this to one key characteristic form the Faculty of Public Health list of competencies.
- Propose a new initiative(s) needed to improve health outcomes in this area.
- Propose a strategy (ies) associated with the new initiative showing how these changes will improve health outcomes.
- Present an outline for the forthcoming briefing paper (assignment 2)
- The focus of the action plan does not have to be the UK.