Course Title: Access to Nursing and Midwifery
Unit Title: Understanding Mental Health (WJF657)
Unit: Level: 3
Unit GDs: 1 2 7
Task No.: 1 of 1
Task Title: Mental Health different formsfactors and support services
WJF657 Understanding Mental Health Assignment – UK
This assignment brief will give you guidance on what is required from you to be able to achieve the criteria stated and an overall grade for the unit once all tasks have been completed.All work MUST be submitted to Turnitin through the links on the subject area of Moodle where you will receive feedback from your tutor. The assignment brief DOES NOT need to be submitted with your work.
Description of Assessment Task
For this task you will be required write an essay to meet criteria 1.1,1.2,.2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 3.1 Your essay will need to be entitled: Mental Health, different forms, factors and support services.
Word count: 2,000 words.
You will need to:
1.Look into different mental health definitions and compare them. One of these definitions will need to include the definition from the WHO (World Health Organisation) (1.1)
2. Firstly you must demonstrate that you understand what is meant by well-being, and then discuss the factors that contribute to this. For example you could consider feeling safe, a stable and supportive environment and resilience. (1.2 )
3. Explain the meaning of mental illness. For this you will need to consider a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that can affect mood, thinking and behaviour and how these impact on a person’s daily life. (2.1)
4. For this you will need to look at the different types of mental illness and differentiate between them. You will need to include at least 4 categories and these could include anxiety disorders,eating disorders, mood disorders or post traumatic disorders. (2.2)
5. Assess the efficacy of different contemporary treatments used to treat mental disorders. You will need to consider such treatments as cognitive behavioural therapy interpersonal and social rhythm therapy and medication and their intended end results. (2.3)
6. Identify the function of FOUR different support services for mental persons with mental illness. You can link this to your local area as well as nationally and consider services such as the Samaritans, MIND, and Child Line (3.1)
Please make sure you:
1. Use Arial font size 12 and double-line spacing – add your word count at the end
2. Proof read your work for spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG)
3. Referenced correctly, using Harvard referencing, with both in-text citations and a comprehensive reference list after the conclusion
4. Checked that you have met each element of the assessment criteria you are being assessed on. Work that does not meet the assessment criteria will have to be resubmitted.
5. Saved your work in at least three different places, including ‘One Drive’
6. Submit your work on time.