Unit learning outcomes of BHS013-6 Applications of Surface Plasmon Resonance In Biotechnology Assignment:
- The first core learning outcome requires that on completion of the unit you should be able to demonstrate a systematic understanding of measurement techniques in the biotechnology context.
- The second core learning outcome requires you to demonstrate the ability to evaluate peer-reviewed literature.
What am I required to do in this Assignment ?
Assignment 1 requires you to review the scientific literature and produce a concise and comprehensive literature review of an aspect of analytical science at the forefront of biotechnology. On this occasion you are required to prepare a literature review on the following topic:
Applications of surface plasmon resonance (SPR) in biotechnology?
The word limit of the report is 2000 excluding references.
Guidance on the content of this literature review is given below and will be further discussed in a tutorial in weeks 7 and 9.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Undertake a substantial investigation of the peer-reviewed literature to identify and select relevant materials on an agreed research topic.
- Recognise important themes within the identified topic
- Produce a literature review of the research topic according to expectations described in the assignment brief