Module Title :- Context of Business
Level :- Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)
Weighting :- 100% of overall module grade
Assignment brief: Businesses employ number of strategies to gain competitive advantage over their competitors. Many times the outcome is influenced by the strategies of their competitors changes in the business environment and ability of the leadership influences the businesses strategy and response.There is also increasing importance of CSR is also influencing business like never seen before.
Context of Business Assignment – UK
Learning outcomes assessed:
1.Under stand the dynamic and changing nature of business and the consideration of the future of organisations within the global business environment
2.Identify the need for individuals and organisations to manage responsibly and sustainably and be have ethically in relation to social cultural economic and environmental issues
3.Discuss leadership, management and development of people
4.Discuss the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment to meet stake holder interests
Assessment Task Description :-
For this assignment you are required to select any company from the list given below Focus only on their UK operations and perform the following tasks.
ii. Marks and Spencer
v. H &;M
1.Discuss the impact of external environmental factors on your chosen using PESTEL analysis for chosen business.
2. Recommend a suitable leadership style from leadership styles that according to you will help them achieve their business objectives.
Justify your choice using appropriate literature and examples.
3.Critically comment on their Corporate Social Responsibilities in the processes using evidence from your research.
4.In your opinion what are the effects of Brexit and Covid-19 pandemic in 2020/2021 on your chosen business and how the business addressed the situation.
3000 words Maximum
Format and Layout
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: Report
4. Ensure a clear title course and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
5. Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected academic books peer reviewed journal articles professional articles press releases and news paper articles reliable statistics company annual reports and other company information.
All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Read More :